Re: New trend in modern IT consultancy - use your relational database as flat file

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 00:53:52 GMT

Thanks Mike, good insight. Sounds like shoot from the hip kind of programming. (good OO developers are NOT shoot from the hip) Probably because people view web stuff as "having to happen right now" ie we can't wait to understand the problem, plan, end execute but a more fire, ready, aim paradigm. If people would think of their web sites as representing the quality of their business then they might be more ready , aim, fire. For example, if someone defaced their corporate headquarters so the public could see it ; someone would be out there right away cleaning the wall. But a poor web site (application) might be up a lot longer than it takes to clean that wall. But which is seen by more people? (usually the web site) Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure