Re: Rich Niemiec live at ODTUG!

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 08:24:47 +1000

> > LOL! Very well said.
> >
> > I haven't touched any of the books from the TUSC
> > mob since Jonathan's book's been out.
> >
> > That lot has spouted a lot of wind and little substance.
> >

> Carlos,
>
> Then you have certainly missed out on at least one very good book:
>
> Oracle Administration and Management
> ISBN: 0-471-21886-3
> http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0471218863.html
>
> The esteemed Mr. Ault has also published a set of scripts that are
> freely available with documentation, known as "Mike Ault's
> DBA_UTILITIES Package".

The esteemed Mr Ault has also leapt to the defence of a certain Mr Burleson when a cursory look at Burleson's script under discussion at the time would have revealed its hopeless inadequacy.

Does that tell you nothing?

I'm not suggesting Mr Ault is anything less than a perfectly decent person. But what I do suggest is that the TUSC crowd are quick to respond, and slow to research.

If you've found their material useful, or Ault's stuff in particular, then fair enough. But the general case still holds true, too. They don't know their ASSM from their elbows most of the time.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 17:24:47 CDT