Re: Program delays (Pro*C)

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2003 06:52:39 -0700

You want to be using 'BEQ' or 'IPC', probably 'IPC', especially if the program is running on the server where the DB resides. What this means is that your program would not be using TCP and not creating a lot of net traffic. IPC stands for Inter Process Communication, so, instead of talking(so to speak) to the DB via TCP, the program would be talking directly to the DB processes, well, there's more to it than that. Also, how many records are being commited here? How slow is the commit? You may want to think about save points or intermittent commits in the prog.

HTH,
Pete's