Re: Segment management auto clause

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:29:05 +0100

Here's another experiment to do some time.

I think you get just one L2 block per segment until the segment is very large.

So if you have two RAC nodes, and you are using ASSM to avoid collisions (and ignoring the inevitable collisions on index leaf blocks) then a process which insert rows very rapidly will be pushing L1 blocks to FULL very
frequently.

But the L2 block keeps statistics on the numbers of L1 blocks it controls - if these statistics are updated every time an L1
block is filled, then the L2 block could become the one block that fires back and fore across the interconnect - just like the segment header block in OPS before
anyone though of using multiple freelist groups.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Denmark__May 21-23rd
____Sweden___June