Re: 9i RAC External shared hard disks

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:47:07 +0300

Hi!

If you want multi-node RAC, you could also configure and use network block devices (NBD), i think linux supports them, dunno about stability, but it's ok for experimenting.
So the more powerful server would act as network block device server and has one RAC instance and another server just has the second instance.

Tanel.

http://otn.oracle.com/oramag/webcolumns/2002/opinion/coekaerts_linux01.html)