Re: Taking tablespace and datafiles offline

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:42:13 +1000

"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:3dXwa.14795$823.10427_at_news1.east.cox.net...
> So where is the functionality of being able to take a datafile offline
while
> keeping others owned by the tablespace online? Users will still not be
able
> to access some data?

Er, I said that right from the beginning!

The functionality is that if you happen to want data in one of the files that remain online, you can still get it.

We're having a similar debate in Australia at the moment. Apparently, a tax cut that's only worth $4 a week isn't worth having, and the government shouldn't have bothered making it.

Personally, I think it better than a tax hike.

Whaddya want? Blood??

HJR Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 20:42:13 CDT