Re: Problem Logging in Management Server

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:32:09 -0500

On 15 May 2003 10:13:15 -0700, danielroy10_at_hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote:

>Hi everyone,
> I just installed a new Oracle (9.2.0.1) on my Win 2000 laptop, and
>I can't log successfully into my Management server. It complains of
>"Invalid login credentials", even if everything looks OK to me. All
>the Oracle services are running, and I can login using SQL*Plus in the
>repository database, using the same username/password that I use when
>I try to login the management server. Anyone has an idea what the
>issue might be?
>
>Thanx

Logging into the repository database proves nothing. When you log into the management server you are *not* logging into the database. You are logging into a service that in turn logs into the repository under its own credentials.

Go to tahiti.oracle.com, and read chapter 3 of Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Guide. Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 12:32:09 CDT