Oracle doesn't shutdown

From: Chr2k04 <chr2k4_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 May 2003 16:21:34 -0700

Hey,

After a recent power-outage where my computer uncleanly shut down,oracle starts up but doesnt shut down.

I have Linux Mandrake9.1, Oracle 9i, and I use sqlplus /nolog and connect as a sysdba to shut it down, with 'shut'.

Am I going to have to reinstall the database?

Thanks,
Chris Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 18:21:34 CDT