Re: Problem Logging in Management Server

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:13:38 +1000

"Daniel Roy" <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1b061893.0305150913.11520655_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi everyone,
> I just installed a new Oracle (9.2.0.1) on my Win 2000 laptop, and
> I can't log successfully into my Management server. It complains of
> "Invalid login credentials", even if everything looks OK to me. All
> the Oracle services are running, and I can login using SQL*Plus in the
> repository database, using the same username/password that I use when
> I try to login the management server. Anyone has an idea what the
> issue might be?
>
> Thanx

Daniel,

When you log in to the Management Server, you are not connecting to a database. You are merely connecting to a process or, given that you are running Windows, a service. (As an aside, the amount of confusion that reigns on this subject leads me to believe that Oracle should immediately and henceforth change the name of the damn thing to 'Management Daemon' or something similar!).

Therefore, since this isn't a database you're connecting to, no database usernames or passwords apply. Instead, the process is hard coded to accept initial connections only from SYSMAN, password OEM_TEMP.

Your very first connection as that 'user' will cause the process to demand you pick a new password. Thereafter, connections will be as sysman/whatever_you_chose.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 18:13:38 CDT