Re: Aussie Bigpond users

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:59:20 +0100

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:3ec3991c$0$8986$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au... ASSM Which at a UKOUG presentation the day before yesterday, Jonathan referred to as 'Ass Management'.

After Jonathan's talk on Tuesday, I made four notes:

  1. Avoid ASSM
  2. Avoid AUM
  3. Be very wary of 9i RAC. The suspicion is that Oracle cheated: they put Apps 9i Financials on one node and Apps 9i HR on the other. Yes, they both access the same database, but of course they don't contend, since they update different tables.
  4. If considering RAC, why? If resilience is what you're after, look at DataGuard. If scalability, test, test, test...

Those were the only notes I made all day. And I consider the day a good investment.

Regards,
Paul Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 15:59:20 CDT