Oracle with minimal HW req.

From: John M <bali1a_at_freemail.hu>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:24:41 GMT

Hello,

I have to test a web application with ORACLE DB on my PC. The database is in test phase, so it has got only 15 tables and all tables contains only 10-30 records.
I use Oracle 8i. After install my system use about 320MB RAM after startup. How can I configure Oracle to minimize hardware requirements? I know I have to change the init.ora file but what can be the minimal values for the parameters? Is it any other minimizing possibility? (I must use Oracle 8i, JDeveloper 9.0.3, Windows 2000 on the same PC /Pentium III 650MHz and 256Mb RAM/).

Thanks! Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 11:24:41 CDT