Re: Australian trip.

From: Charlie Edwards <charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 May 2003 09:02:36 -0700

"Nuno Souto" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<3ec0e94f$1$16259$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Vox" <Vox_at_vox1.com> wrote in message news:b9qmij$8q4$1_at_perki.connect.com.au...
>
> > Hang on. We have an issue here.
>
> No. You, an unidentified person who has seldom if ever
> contributed to this group, may have an "issue".
> I and a lot of others don't. How's that for size?

This is somewhat aggressive don't you think? And how many people have you actually canvassed to find out whether they have an issue? Personally, I don't have any issue, but I am not so arrogant as to assume that my opinion is the only valid one.

> > Please, Jonathan, do you held your seminars for free or some admission needs
> > to be payed?
>
> Do you sell your wares under another identification
> or are they for free?

How irrelevant

> > advertisement channel. In that case you are breaching group and ethic
> > etiquette.
>
> And you appear to have a good grasp on what that
> "etiquette and ethic" is? Please enlighten us all?

Are you seriously that ignorant? Of course not, just being sarcastic, but not in the least bit amusing.

> While you are at it, please identify yourself.
> Right now. With your name and some proof of identity.
> We all do identify ourselves here. Why don't you?
> Afraid of something we shouldn't know about?

Why should they? - why do YOU decide that anonymity is so abhorrant. I can imagine that a damned good reason for anonymity is to avoid attacks such as yours.

> > If seminars are free of charge then I'm just wondering how you can travel
> > around the world without financial input.
>
> No, you are not "wondering". You are insinuating with a
> very well defined intention.

You really do have no sense of humour either. And what exactly was the insinuation?

> > I appreciate your long term contribution and other people as well.
>
> Funny, I don't remember your contributions here or even a statement
> of being a listener. How come you "appreciate" contributions all
> of a sudden?

Oh please. Either 1) they are a lurker or 2) They've posted under another ID.

> > that this group is public unprofitable space with the majority of silent
> > very well qualified DBAs and minority of loud frequent posters.
>
> Hmmmm. If the "loud frequent posters" shut up what happens to
> the "silent very qualified" ones? Do they start talking or
> just keep, well, silent? Would make for a very interesting
> group...

How to miss the point by a mile

> > frequency does not allow anyone to reshape this newsgroup in any other
> > directions or to use blunt language in any context.
>
> And non-frequency does not give you or anybody else the
> right to come here and heap on frequent contributors
> who are the life of this group. And have made it
> what it is. OBTW, where was the blunt language from
> Jonathan? Or was that also an insinuation?

"Heap on"? Don't you think you're being a bit oversensitive here? Mr/Ms Vox just seemed to think (wrongly IMO) that Jonathan's posting was motivated by financial reasons. Can't ever recall reading "blunt language" from Jonathan though.

> You on the contrary are just noise. Not happy?
> Then go away to whatever hole you came from, troll.
What a truly unpleasant person you are. Or were you just having a bad day?

CE Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 11:02:36 CDT