Re: authid current_user and loops

From: Norman Dunbar <norman.dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: 15 May 2003 04:49:27 -0700

kamal80_at_virgilio.it (Kamal) wrote in message news:<4e766a02.0305140546.7a39b1dd_at_posting.google.com>...

Hi Kamal,

> Has anyone really tried the package as i told? It doesn't seem to me a
> little problem. I tried the package on a different (clean) machine
> with same oracle version (9.2.0.1.0) an it did the same thing.

I've just tried it exactly as you specified (well, I had different user names) and I can see the problem now. Only the first table is listed in the dbms_output stuff. There were no exceptions or errors either. Mind you, running the select from all_tables where owner = X, in user Y does give the correct list of tables.

> So i don't think it's a problem of the dictionary or it's a "broken
> database"...

I don't think so myself now.

I've done a bit more testing and found that this works all the time :

FOR i IN (SELECT table_name

          FROM all_tables
          WHERE owner = UPPER(t_owner)
          ORDER BY table_name)

If the sort is present, all three table names are listed. If the sort is removed, only the first is listed. Strange !!!

Still posting from Google because no news is getting in or out of our company at the moment :o(

Regards,
Norman. Received on Thu May 15 2003 - 06:49:27 CDT