Re: Reboot your server regularly to gain better performance

From: JustAnotherDBA <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 05:17:46 -0500

It's interesting to me to note that there is even a market for a tool to replace the one you that comes with the windows OS. AND, the fact that this tool is advertised for reboot usage is even more interesting :)

A quote from the web page ... "Even you have 1GB RAM in your Windows server. After few days, you will see your available physical memory become smaller and smaller from the Task Manager"

No such market for Unix/Linux ... or is there a tool to replace cron ?