Re: reduce archive logs

From: Oleg Paraschenko <usenet_at_sein.sportwetten.spb.ru>
Date: 14 May 2003 21:19:14 -0700

Hello Bcjm,

oldcar_at_hotmail.com (bcjm) wrote in message news:<6e9fcca4.0305140740.f31ff04_at_posting.google.com>...

> It generates more
> than 100MB archive log daily. I like to eliminate the logs generated
> by these two tables if possible to save space and improve performance.

  First of all, you should make sure that problem is indeed in these tables (I think not).

  Some time ago we had the problem with big archive logs. We installed log miner, revised content of one of the log file and got real information what wastes space.

  Here is some of SQLs from my notes:

select distinct seg_name from V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS; select username,count(*) from V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS  group by username order by count(*);
select seg_name,seg_type,count(*) from V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS  group by seg_name,seg_type order by count(*); select username,seg_name,count(*) from V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS  group by username,seg_name order by count(*); select session#,serial#,count(*) from V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS  group by username,seg_name order by count(*);

  Details are in documentation.

  Regards, Oleg Received on Wed May 14 2003 - 23:19:14 CDT