Re: oracle abruptly shut down, now error

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:27:14 GMT

On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:25:23 -0700, Chr2k04 wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Today I accidentally shut the power down to my computer while oracle
> was running. Now that I started it back up again, I can run SQL
> statements from sqlplus, but I cannot run perl scripts accessing the
> database with the error "segmentation fault."
> Is there anything I have to clean up because of the abrupt shutdown?
>
> Thanks,
> Chr2k04

If it isn't Windoze, try with truss or strace. Also dbx or gdb or adb or any other garden variety of a debuggershould be able to print stack trace. In gdb, the command is "t". It will tell you exactly in which routine did it fail. If it is a Windoze box, press crtl-alt-del and blame it on Bill Gates.

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.