Re: reduce archive logs

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:27:33 GMT

bcjm wrote:
> 8.1.6 running Windows NT,
>
> We have a intranet site done in Cold Fusion using Oracle 8.1.6 as its
> data source. The CF client/session variable data (CDATA, CGLOBAL) are
> stored in the Oracle database as well. CF server updates/insert
> records in these tables when user access the site. It generates more
> than 100MB archive log daily. I like to eliminate the logs generated
> by these two tables if possible to save space and improve performance.
> I really don't need the data in these tables if I need to restore the
> database.
>
> Setting these table to no archive log does not help since it only
> works in limited situations like in batch/direct load.
>
> Any suggestions?

Can you not recreate or alter the table so there is no logging? alter table <tabl> nologging;?
The way I understand it anything done with this table then is not logged, batch/direct load is if you are using sqlldr and you specify nologging for that particular operation.

hth Received on Wed May 14 2003 - 11:27:33 CDT