Re: Does Oracle charge extra for the parallel query option?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:21:45 GMT

Telemachus wrote:

> If you have Partitioning =>you have Enterprise => you have PQ
>
> [am I right ? ]
>
> Telemachus.

Having and Licensing are two different things and the OP specifically asked about licensing <g>. I know many organizations that were caught having & using partitioning without licensing it - some of whom were licensed only for Standard Edition.

You are right - as described on page 9 of "Oracle9i Database Release 2 Product Family" guide found at
http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/pdf/9idb_rel2_prod_fam.pdf

It's not a manual ... it's a white paper. So we really should not be scared to read it! Received on Wed May 14 2003 - 09:21:45 CDT