Re: Concurrency for resources by several instances on one host

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:30:07 +0200

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote:

>Of course, you could probably run the bad guys at a higher nice in the
>first place when you startup. man nice.
>
>Also man priocntl, man pbind, man psrset, and man psradm.

I just read the documentation and Oracle strongly discourages renicing Oracle processes. My first idea was in fact starting the instances under different accounts and using ulimit and the like to set a top limit for CPU use. But no, it should not be done. Even using the Solaris Resource Manager must be done carefully to avoid interactions with Oracle internal resource management.

What I did today was to set up Consumer Groups and Resource Plans, only to ease concurrency *inside* every instance. My main problem still persists.

Thanks
Rick Denoire Received on Tue May 13 2003 - 17:30:07 CDT