Anyone using Onames without regional DB succesfully?

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 20:50:21 GMT

So far I have been able to get dynamic discovery more or less working, I have 2 nameservers set up with both up to date patchsets (8.1.7.4) I dont want to use a region database as I plan on phasing this out with OID later on, and I have loaded all my addresses in my primary names server oranamesrvr0.

The problem is it won't update the addresses in the secondary server, and I can't seem to force it to. I have done a "register oranamesrvr1" from namesctl on oranamesrvr0 ok (and vice versa), and it shows up when I do a "list_objects" command. If I enter reload oranamesrvr1 from namesctl on oranamesrvr0 I get a NNC-00003 'error opening stream', and if I enter the same thing from the second server itself I get: NNL-00010: error getting address for server "oranamesrvr1" NNC-00408: name "oranamesrvr1.millsite.net" exists but desired data does not

I have also set up each with preferred names servers in sqlnet.ora on both servers.

I have found a few notes on this on metalink, but they are quite sparse and not a lot of help for this particular task.

I know I can just dump from the first one to tnsnames.ora and reload it in the second one, but I'd like to see the cache replication work at least once!

TIA Received on Tue May 13 2003 - 15:50:21 CDT