Re: Statistics for comp.databases.oracle.server - WE 05/11/2003

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:32:57 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> Looks interesting. But now I have to pay to stop spam?? Yikes. The nutters
> really are in charge.

Which is why some of us are thinking 'conspiracy theory' ... build the need then deliver the solution for a modest fee <g>.

In aquaintance just set up http://www.evsmail.com that does a real decent job of filtering and I use Spam Sleuth myself.

> I'm looking forward to someone (probably in the States) taking their ISP to
> court for permitting harrassment or something similar. The onus should be on
> them to stop this stuff, at source, without it costing me.

IIRC, someone took their ISP to court recently about anti-virus & blocking virus at the ISP level. Seems the guy was an anti-virus researcher and didn't want it stopped/blocked. (May be urban legend - "happened to a friend of a friend of mine" stuff.) I guess it's possible that someone actually wants the spam, too.