Re: 9i DB Link to 8.0.6

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 May 2003 09:54:00 -0700

Thanks for the response. I have solved this, the error messages I was receiving were 2019 and 12154. The problem had to do with how the primary DBA setup tns on the Oracle 9.2 server. i.e. they used SERVICE_NAME instead of SID for 8.0.6 DB, which is very important. Before changing Service_name to sid, tnsping to the 8.0 db would work, but, the 9i sqlplus would not. Once that was changed, 9i sqlplus worked after re-creating the DB link in the 9i db, selecting over the link worked.

HTH someone else.

Pete's