Re: [9.2.0.1.0 on SuSE-Linux 8.2] No login in sqlplus possible

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:22:08 GMT

Andreas Müller wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> After I start sqlplus (and login with system/manager) I see...
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
> Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
>
> What is the reason? Installation Errors?

Generally this does describe installation errors. Please post the steps you used.

There are a number of headaches and heartaches related to getting Oracle on SuSE 8.2, mainly in the kernel configs and java areas. We've had some interesting discussions around this on the [suse-oracle] list and I suggest searching the archives at
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-oracle/ .

(I have it running on SLES8, just starting on 8.2.)

There is also a good step-by-step on the SuSE site - search for "certified software oracle" on http://www.suse.de and follow the Support Matrix to get at the various docs.

HTH
/Hans Received on Tue May 13 2003 - 11:22:08 CDT