Oracle SID in runInstaller

From: Anthony <anthony.kluyskens_at_nrb.be>
Date: 13 May 2003 07:13:42 -0700

Hello,

I know what we did isn't the way described by oracle or Sap to copy a system but it worked fine. We copied a whole system (binaries + datafiles + ...) from a backup to another system. The only problem we have know is that when we run runInstaller it shows us the wrong Oracle_home and recreates a new one on the server with the subdir inventory. We checked nearly all the files where he possibly could store that value using grep but except the logs from our previous installation and a file called sessionContext.ser we didn't found any other.

Thx for your help

Regs

Anthony Received on Tue May 13 2003 - 09:13:42 CDT