Re: Oracle versus MS Sqlserver 2000 : Technical Comparison

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:24:12 -0700

P wrote:

> Oracle versus MS Sqlserver 2000 : Technical Comparison
> By Faulkner, Kent, USA
> Updated by PorusHH, Australia
> Version 4.0, April 2003
>
> (This document is for the purpose of assisting Oracle DBAs whose
> management may be considering migrating to MS Sql Server. The MS
> product license may be less expensive but there are several hidden
> costs as explained below, and it is also technically inferior to
> Oracle as a database server. The MS language T-Sql is inferior
> to the Oracle Pl-Sql language in many ways, as explained below.
> This document is for the Dbas who want a simple point to point
> comparison. Please feel free to forward to your managment
> or your fellow Dbas.)

As I said in the MS SQL Server group where this was also posted.

The sole purpose of this is to create a flame war that no one really needs.

If you want to do a comparsion fine. But do a good one. This is so incomplete and demonstrates so little command of the subject as to be no favor to Oracle Corp. or anyone seriously interested in the subject. A serious comparison does not use hyperbole to make its points.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu