Re: Product support for Oracle 7.x

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 May 2003 19:12:42 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:<3EBF039D.6EE467C_at_telusplanet.net>...
> While I do understand this particular reasoning, there is a diminishingly small amount of justification for this. In one
> of my previous lives, the telco-nem I worked for had a similar problem. Ended up being cheaper for the company to pay
> our own resources to upgrade the stagglers; cheaper in terms of man-power, computer resources, tech knowledge base, and
> finally potential legal hassles.
>
> I suspect that the lawyers could have a field day if the database crashed. Oracle's hands are washed. If your agreement
> indicates you will provide support after the baseline vendors stop ... might I suggest a very strong umbrella!

In a perfect world.... I would agree with you a 100%.

FYI... Our customers also get a separate support from Oracle (Oracle server related). Also, like any other commercial application, we have our own support/desupport timeline which to most part coincides with Oracle...patch by patch, and customers are regularly informed about it.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 21:12:42 CDT