Re: Q: What exaclty is this shared library? Part 2

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 20:41:28 GMT

Vince Laurent wrote:

> First, thanks for all the replies.
> Secondly, how can I tell what version I am running? We are currently
> run Oracle 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX 11.0. SAP releases patches for this
> library and we have discovered during an upgrade process, it also puts
> this library out again. So... how can I tell by looking at 2 or more
> of these what patch version they might be.

If you installed using the Oracle Universal Installer, fire it up again using runInstaller. On the first screen you will get a button that allows you to list all products and components and their versions.

Alternates include reading the "splash" notice on starting SQLPlus. There are a number of other alternatives I'm sure others will recommend as well. Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 15:41:28 CDT