Re: export from 8.1.7, import to 8.1.5

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:01:07 +0200

maz <maz_at_savvion.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3EBF5308.1FE9F318_at_savvion.com...
| hi all,
|
| I am trying to export from a 8.1.7 installation on Linux and import into
| 8.1.5 on Win2K. The export finished perfectly, with the Character set
| of US7ASCII. I did not have the NLS_LANG env param set in my shell.
| Now when I try to import the dmp file on the 8.1.5 installation on Win2K
| I get the error on imp:
|
| Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via conventional path
| import done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR
| character set
| IMP-00069: Could not convert to environment national character set's
| handle
| IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully
|
| would anyone please point me to a place where I can pass this hurdle?
|
| Thanx in advance,
| -maz

You should check the certification matrix on Metalink about compatability between exp/imp versions but if I recall it well you should be able to use imp 8.1.5 on a 8.1.7 dump file.
Try one of next:
1. If you used ftp to move the dump file from Linux to Win2K box: did you do a binary (not asci) ftp? If asci you corrupted the dump. ftp again but in binary mode.
2. Export again on Linux machine with NLS_LANG set to WE8ISO8859P1 3. On Win2K machine open a command box and set NLS_LANG variable (or do it in the HOMEn key in the registry) to US7ASCII and try import. 4. Make a client/server exp with 8.1.5 on the Win2K machine connected to the db on Linux machine (avoiding a possible compatibility problem). Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 12:01:07 CDT