Re: Product support for Oracle 7.x

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 May 2003 15:16:19 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<m9wva.32702$1s1.475244_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...

> I don't know of a single place where you can obtain the software.
>
> Just out of interest: why do you want to do such extensive testing on a
> product version which is, by any standards, geriatric? I'd love to know the
> nature of the project.

I don't know why OP needs it for all those platforms, but in my line of work (ERP), we have pretty much all releases from 7.2.x up inhouse (Atleast for WinNT/2K, Sun and HP). We need them because we have to support our customers (Dev, Test etc). Although majority of them upgrade to the new releases of Oracle and our application, there are still few who are stuck in time (7.2/3.x, 8.0.x, 8.1.6.x etc) and do not upgrade for one reason or another or have not yet decided to upgrade.... so per our maintenance agreement, we have to provide support.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Sun May 11 2003 - 17:16:19 CDT