Re: Client Connection Drawback

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 21:20:33 +0100

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3EBACD95.514DFC07_at_exxesolutions.com...
> dalst36 wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I would like some information if possible. I have a partner who
> > would like to communicate with us over MQSeries, but instead of doing
> > a Queue Manger to Queue Manager type realtionship (no clusters), they
> > want us to have the Server piece on our machine, and they would like
> > to have the client piece on their machine. Could someone please
> > provide me with some information why this would not be a good idea?
> > Thank you.
>
> What does any of this have to do with Oracle?
> --

Dunno, but I'll tell you an absoutely true story about MQSeries:

A while back, our organisation needed to transmit information from one database to another, and decided that MQSeries was the business. So they wrote a VB program to interrogate database A for changes, and generate MQ messages. Then they wrote a second VB program to watch for MQ messages, and apply them to database B.

Both databases were Oracle, and this not going to change.

So now we have Database A -> VB -> MQ -> MQ -> VB -> Database B, and it could have been Oracle replication: Database A -> Database B.

Madness, or what?

Regards,
Paul Received on Sun May 11 2003 - 15:20:33 CDT