8.1.7.4 patch install issue

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 20:10:11 GMT

After quite a few relatively painless installs of this patch, today I ran in to an issue on the last server to get it. When the patch install was at 92%, it errored out saying that an application was still using a file oracle needed to replace. I triple checked everything, all services were shutdown and I also shutdown MS distributed transaction coordinator, as it gave me problems before, (but always later in the install) No other services that would have been using oracle were running.

No matter what I could not get the installer to get past this error, rather than skip that component(LDAP) and continue, I aborted the install to try again when I'm back on site. (running it via vnc via citrix over a 28.8 connection is NOT my idea of a sunday morning well spent, it's mothers day my wifes patience is getting shorter than mine :-)

anyone else run in to this when installing the 8.1.7.4 patchset?

TIA Received on Sun May 11 2003 - 15:10:11 CDT