Re: ORA-3114: not connected to ORACLE on DB creation

From: Matt Darcy <matt_at_darcy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 15:59:32 +0000 (UTC)

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:99npbvs08vnj6fmudkql252tnkfptjguc9_at_4ax.com...
> On Sat, 10 May 2003 09:25:52 +0000 (UTC), "Matt Darcy"
> <matt_at_darcy.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the replay again,
> >
> > you are missing the point a little. If you read the metalink post there
is actually a bug with the solaris install parameters in the docs, I am guessing it is the same with HPUX as I have set the kernel parameters suggested within the install docs.

> > Hence why I am asking what the HPUX equivalent of
> >
> > seminfo_semmsl=100
> >
> > seminfo_semmns=200
> >
> > is
>

> HP-UX has man pages and documentation. Obviously you are trying to
> force the group to look it up for you.
> The group however is a volunteer business and it's purpose is not to
> read manuals on your behalf and inform you on the outcome.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Apologies,

I have only just looked at this thread on this server, I was reading the thread on another server and only getting the responsed from Daniel. I guess thats one of the problems from cross posting.

I am not trying to get the group to "look stuff up for me" however I am truley confused as in a previous post on this group in this thread it is pointed out that the semiforing is set to 500 and according to the HPUX docs this shouldn't need to be touched.

So to re-phrase the question with more detail,

1.) There are a few semiforing options which 2 are directly related to seminfo_semmsl=100
 seminfo_semmns=200
I am trying to work out it, but if anyone knows that would be great.

2.) as HPUX is hardcoded to 500 would setting thse values to lower help (I don't see why it would) - should I raise the value to around 700 ?

3.) I am not certain this is even the same problem as quoted in metalink, however the symptomsare exactly the same so I am guessing they are although I am open to other possiblities.

I am not being lazy just asking for advice from more experienced people.

Thanks,

Matt. Received on Sun May 11 2003 - 10:59:32 CDT