Re: Q: What exaclty is this shared library?

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 11 May 2003 14:26:10 +1000

 Mladen> On Fri, 09 May 2003 10:06:45 -0500, Vince Laurent wrote:
>> We have a shared library called dboraslib.sl on our HPUX11i system
>> (Oracle 8.1.7.4). Is this like a DLL in that it is shared code?
>> What exactlty does it do or allow me to do? Is the library tied to
>> the version of Oracle?
>>
>> Thanks! Vince

 Mladen> It's a shared library, an idea that was first implemented in
 Mladen> VAX/VMS and later stolen by M$ and borrowed by Unix (I admit
 Mladen> being biased) If you want to know what's in it, try with nm
 Mladen> and odump commands.

And if you want to see what shared libraries a binary is linked against check out the ldd command.

Tim

--
Tim Cross