Re: Restore to now - 2 hours

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 23:38:07 GMT

On Fri, 09 May 2003 14:36:33 +0200, Marc Eggenberger wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I have a database running on Oracle 8.0.6 on WinNT.
>
> Its running in archive log mode.
>
> Some users did some wrong operations on the database. So strucural
> change, but they altered data (did some delete statements and some
> inserts). How can I restore the database to the point it was at today
> 13.00?
>
> is this done with
>
> recover database until time '2003-05-09:13:00:00'
>
> ??

Generally speaking, yes. You have to restore the database from backup (the whole database, not just one tablespace, you went back in time, TSPITR doesn't yet exist), make sure you have all the archives available and then do exactly what you wrote up there.

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.