Tuning Semaphores on Solaris

From: 10Squared <news_at_firewallinabox.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 11:04:42 -0400

Following the Oracle installation docs we set the environment as recommended for our Solaris server and the server was restarted. This system has 4 900 MHz CPUs, no shortage of hard file space, and 16 GB RAM. In trying to create a new database we are seeing ORA-[27302, 27303, 27146, 27300] errors that appear to indicate the system settings aren't quite right. Other than just trying increasing settings, is there a systematic approach that can be used to calculate the various system parameters? Even though we may get the database creation process to succeed by tweaking some settings, we would like to make sure we are not hindering system performance or risking a failure during a high system load. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Jim Received on Sat May 10 2003 - 10:04:42 CDT