Re: IBM says, publishing benchmark figures is very expensive

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 16:21:31 GMT

Obnoxious the troll wrote:

> During a recent Infobhan IBM claimed that publishing benchmark for Informix
> is very expensive. Sure sure.
> We all understand that the following benchmark was done free of cost :-)
> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030509/95193_1.html
>
> If they have to lie thru the teeth,the least they could do is to tell
> a believable lie.
>
> Can'e help if their ego won't permit them to admit that Informix is way better
> than DB2 on unix flavors.

(sorry for replying cross-post)

Actually true ... I've heard that a typical TCP for any DBMS/OS combination will run between $1/2 to $5 million. Generally paid for by the hardware vendor!

The confusing part, however, is that no vendor will avoid going through benchmarks if they belive they have something to gain. Received on Sat May 10 2003 - 11:21:31 CDT