Re: Transaction recovery or transaction rollback?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:58:10 GMT

Peter wrote:

> While I was doing a bunch of insert statements, the Oracle instance
> suddenly failed. Now, after restarting the instance, should I do a
> transaction recovery or transaction rollback?
>
> Thanks

You do not describe whether the inserts were individual transactions (tx) or part of a larger tx. Following assmes larger tx you can scale accordingly

If you restarted the instance and it is running, there is nothing more you need to (or even can) do about that transaction. If the transaction was committed (manually, automagically, whatever.) it was recovered during the restart. If not, it was rolled back/lost. If the results are not there, rerun the transaction at the app level. Received on Sat May 10 2003 - 09:58:10 CDT