Re: INSERT INTO TEMPORARY TABLE CAUSES ORA-600 2656 WITH TEMPORARY TABLESPACES

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:52:31 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> Er, upgrade to a supported version. 8.1.7, for starters. 9i for good
> measure.
>
> As far as I recall, 8.1.4 wasn't even the first official release of 8i, but
> some sort of beta release!

8.1.4 was an extremely limited beta release - even Oracle presales could not get it without signing their life away. I know Oracle kept records about who was in that program ...

IIRC there is no way to upgrade directly. The OP needs to get & install 8.1.7, export & import. There are gotchas and a complete test suite is strongly recommended!!!! Received on Sat May 10 2003 - 09:52:31 CDT