Re: "pretty Oracle SQL" utility

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 20:30:34 GMT

damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com said...
> Ramkumar Krishnan wrote:
>
> > Could you pls point me to an utility that
> > returns "prettied" SQL given an arbitrary
> > SQL input (Oracle8i SQL and above would be
> > great, but if absent, Oraclev7 is fine for
> > starts). Found this:
> > www.pickledbeans.com/scripts/Perl/prettysql.txt
> > from Google, but I got a 404 Error during
> > access.
> >
> > Thank you for your time and response.
> >
> > Regds, Ram
>
> Would someone please tell me that such a tool does not exist. Please!
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

If you click on the "Cached" link in Google, you see the page that Google found when it added pickledbeans to its database. You'll then see the following simple script, which doesn't sound like what you're looking for anyhow:

# Make pretty SQL statements
# Convert KEYWORDS to UPPERCASE: select,from,where,order by, insert, update, set and decode
while (<>) {

	s/\bselect\b/SELECT/ig;
	s/\bas\b/AS/ig;
	s/\bfrom\b/FROM/ig;