Re: Oracle 9i Shared Server across a firewall - help please !

From: Richard <qaz1521_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:56:50 +0100

Neil,

What type of firewall are you using? Some of them take account of Oracle's fondness for random port numbers. I think the technique is called stateful inspection or something similar. I use a Checkpoint firewall which comes with a special sqlnet protocol predefined to get around the port number problem. I'm sure there is a paper about this somewhere on the Oracle web site.

Regards,

Richard