Re: Straw lighthearted poll ...

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:10:05 +0100

This reminds me of that well-know proverb:

If at first you don't succeeed - destroy all indications that you ever tried.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Denmark__May 21-23rd
____Sweden___June
____Finland__September
____Norway___September

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
____UK_(Manchester)_May x 2
____Estonia___June 4th - 6th
____Australia_June 18th - 20th (Perth)
____Australia_June 23rd - 25th (t.b.a)
____USA_(CA, TX)_August

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> True story:
>
> I was the technical rep at an interview for a new sys admin. My HR
> partner in the interview was asking those "behavioural assessment"
> questions, even though before the candidate had arrived I had been
> heaping sarcasm on the HR guy along the lines of "any idiot can see
> through those questions and respond appropriately". Anyway:
>
> HR to candidate: "Tell me about a time you have overcome personal
> adversity" (I stifle a groan)
>
> Candidate: "Well, there was this one time when I was not allowed
access
> to the computer room where the passwords were kept, and I needed
admin
> rights to..." (can't remember what) "...So I waited until someone
else
> went in, noted down the combination, and after everyone had gone
home, I
> snuck in and gave myself all the admin rights I needed"
(self-satisfied