Re: Restore to now - 2 hours

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 May 2003 11:20:43 -0700

Marc Eggenberger <marc.eggenberger_at_itc.alstom.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1925bf3d3a28565e989690_at_H02374>...
> Hi there.
>
> I have a database running on Oracle 8.0.6 on WinNT.
>
> Its running in archive log mode.
>
> Some users did some wrong operations on the database. So strucural
> change, but they altered data (did some delete statements and some
> inserts). How can I restore the database to the point it was at today
> 13.00?
>
> is this done with
>
> recover database until time '2003-05-09:13:00:00'
>
> ??

If you want oracle to apply the logs without prompting you for each log:

SVRMGR> SET AUTORECOVERY ON If you want to be prompted for the location of each file: -- this is the default behavior

SVRMGR> SET AUTORECOVERY OFF As you will be using a backup copy of the controlfile, please specify:

SVRMGR> RECOVER DATABASE <date/time> USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE;

good luck,

Paul Received on Fri May 09 2003 - 13:20:43 CDT