Diff between recycle pool and nocache keywords

From: April Nine <april94111_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 May 2003 08:30:17 -0700

Hi,

suppose I run these commands:

CREATE TABLE dropme2 (x DATE)
STORAGE ( BUFFER_POOL RECYCLE); CREATE TABLE dropme3 (x DATE)
STORAGE ( BUFFER_POOL RECYCLE)
NOCACHE; How is the behavior of the resulting tables different from each other?

I really want to make sure that blocks get aged out of the buffer cache very quickly.

Would dropme3 blocks get aged out quicker than dropme2 blocks?

Do you know of any V$ views which might help me answer the question myself by running some experiments.

-April Nine
april94111_at_yahoo.com Received on Fri May 09 2003 - 10:30:17 CDT