Re: Oracle 8i Install On Redhat 9

From: Juha Laiho <Juha.Laiho_at_iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 14:17:01 GMT

joy_deep_at_yahoo.com (Joydeep) said:
>I started from scratch 2 times. But every time after applying the
>glibc stub I found the svrmgrl and sqlplus file in $ORACLE_HOME/bin
>directory are changed to svrmgrlO and sqlplusO. Why is so?
>Also that libclntsh.so.8.0 problem is still there.

These apparently are somewhat related:
Oracle wants to compile some things into the binary. So, libclntsh.so.#.# is created during the installation. Also, svrmgrl and sqlplus are relinked during the installation, the *O files are previous versions of these files. So, the recompilation phase seems to bomb out at you. Try to look very carefully through all the possible logs that are created during the installation.

--
Wolf  a.k.a.  Juha Laiho     Espoo, Finland