Re: SQL*Loader-282

From: Richard <qaz1521_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:46:36 +0100

Can you connect to the database as system and select * from v$nls_parameters

There should be three records displayed that are relevant to the setting of NLS_LANG. These have the parameter field set to NLS_LANGUAGE, NLS_TERRITORY and NLS_CHARACTERSET. The values of these three records can be used to set the value of NLS_LANG on your client.

For example, my database is in England so the three parameters come out of my database like this: -

NLS_LANGUAGE            ENGLISH
NLS_TERRITORY            UNITED KINGDOM
NLS_CHARACTERSET    AL32UTF8

The NLS_LANG parameter is set on my clients as: -

    NLS_LANG='ENGLISH_UNITED KINGDOM.AL32UTF8' I think the error you are seeing might be because the character set is not defined in the NLS_LANG variable on your clients. Try setting NLS_LANG on your client as above with your own territory and character set settings and see whether this cures the problem.

Regards,

Richard