Re: VLDB Question

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:26:44 +1000

"Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message news:91884734.0305081524.12728f62_at_posting.google.com...

> The Concepts Manual quite clearly defines a VLDB and how partitioning
> can help it. If you have passed the version 8 OCP or above you are
> expected to know how partitioning works in great detail.

Hi Joel,

Actually if you passed 8 OCP just by completing all the standard exams (and not the 7 to 8 upgrade exam), you're not expected to know anything regarding partitioning as it's not included in any of the exams.

If you're a 7 OCP and then upgrade to 8 OCP, then yes partitioning is included.

Do ask me why, I only worked for the company.

Weird eh ...

Richard Received on Fri May 09 2003 - 08:26:44 CDT