Re: CPU overload

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 May 2003 16:43:46 -0700

"Andrew" <slackwareit.toglispam_at_yahoo.it> wrote in message news:<b9bv3t$kse$1_at_lacerta.tiscalinet.it>...
> Hi,
>
> i 've HP-UX 11.0 with Oracle8.1.6.0 and sometimes the CPU on my sys is 0%
> idle !
> whit TOP i've seen that there is some oracle81 processes on overload... with
> ps it show me
> that is listener "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=BEQ)..."
> My DB work with more discoverer users.
>
> What is "BEQ" ?? in listener.ora i don't see it.

Sounds like your listener is going nutso. Are you _sure_ you are looking at the correct process? If you have dbsnmp going maybe that is the problem. Try killing and restarting your listener. I have a vague memory of a bug in the 8.1.6 time frame.

It isn't unusual for Oracle to spin cpu's. That could just mean your I/O is fast enough so the cpu is the bottleneck. But it is very unusual for the listener.

> Please someone can help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bye

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Just sit yourself down and have a big steaming bowl of Tasteless