Re: How to hash a set of columns ?

From: Neil Chandler <neil_spam_chandler_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 8 May 2003 14:49:50 -0700

I would only add that Oracle do not guarantee that the dbms_utility.get_hash_value package will not change in future releases --although I don't believe they have changed it so far...

We use the dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.md5 (from Oracle 8i onwards) as MD5 is a standard hashing algorithm, not only implemented within Oracle but elsewhere too.

regs

Neil.