Re: IBM Debunks Oracle's MultiVersion Read Consistency ?

From: Jeremy Rickard <jrickard_at_unisystems.biz>
Date: 8 May 2003 14:22:14 -0700

Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<Xns9375E27CD466ATokenthis_at_210.49.20.254>...
> Following up on Jeremy Rickard, 08 May 2003:
>

> > As I said, the code base is shared on Windows, Linux and UNIX flavours
>
> Proof? Or you implicitly believe anything IBM says?

I work in depth with the product on all those 3 platforms, so I *know* it is the same. In terms of SQL, commands, utilities, architecture and detailed documentation it is the same. Release dates for those platforms are always the same. Etc., etc.

> > Gartner split out the figures to avoid that skew.
>
> Oh no they damn well did NOT. IBM does NOT provide that
> information to ANYONE.

I believe their methodology is market research based. They have been publishing for years, and are well respected. Check out http://www.gartner.com/reprints/microsoft/106576.html

[rest of rant snipped]

Ciao.

JR Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 16:22:14 CDT