Re: C.R.U.D. utilities

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 18:07:01 GMT

(Sorry 'bout the delay - ISP's newsgroup server acting up ... getting strange mixes of resend-old & delayed-new messages!)

I assume you already have the table defined and loaded into the dictionary. Then this is actually an easy one to program in SQL*Plus. Basically use the following steps:

  1. create a sample for each of the 4 operations,
  2. look at he DBA_ views to determine where you can get the appropriate info
  3. create the mother of all SELECT statements that generates statements

Many of those on the list have been doing this for years ... simple, easy and cost effective. Ping me off list if you need more help

/Hans